Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

Help! Bought new stove, but what cookware is safe?

stinky-gardener
13 years ago

Hi! I bought a Frigidaire Gallery range with a glass (ceramic?) smooth cooktop & it was delivered yesterday. The instruction manual has scared me to death. It says not to use virtually every sort of cookware on earth, but doesn't say WHAT TO use! Yes, it hints that stainless steel won't harm the surface, but also mentions that SS is a poor conductor of heat, which produces poor results.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The manual also says not to use pans with dirty bottoms, as they may scar or scratch the surface. Yes, I wash my pans, but my old ones are probably not a good idea anyway. Pans with colors are a no-no, as they may melt onto the surface.

I *think* hard anondized aluminum would be fine to use...I'm just not sure. The manual does say never let aluminum foil touch the cooktop under ANY circumstances!

Whew...I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I had to get an electric stove/oven & was sick to death of cleaning the coils and especially under the coils, where food escaped constantly.

I have a "Green Pan" that I haven't unwrapped that says it's safe for glass cooktops. Yes, No, Maybe? Any experience with this? Most of you I'm sure cook with gas, but I hope someone out there knows what to do in this scenario anyway.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Btw, I did call Frigidaire customer service...No help whatsoever!

Comments (2)