Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staub Coq au Vin Pot

Posted by TriciaE (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 13:12

Oh....I wish me a Merry Christmas, I wish me a Merry Christmas, I wish me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

DH will not buy me such things as presents but, oh how I'd love to have this pot....isn't is a piece of art! Even a huge pot of chili would taste better cooked in this.

Maybe I'll forgo my All Clad Gold Standard bakeware & ...oh well, guess not...this pot is twice what the bakeware would be. :(

Here is a link that might be useful: Staub Coq au Vin Pot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staub Coq au Vin Pot

You need that!!!!! If you don't have an enamel over cast iron pot...you need to buy one.
The one linked below doesn't have that dear chicken as the handle....but it's $50 cheaper.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Le Creuset

o

Wow, a $50 Chicken! Oh well, inflation, ya know? Now that I've seen that darn chicken I'll always want THAT one...darn...the one that "got away", I guess.

o

Oh what the hey -- get the Staub! Afterall, Martha used to hawk the aubergine colored ones in her catalog a couple of years back...an imprimatur of good taste (raise pinky at this point).

o

Oh - I love that! I just ordered a Staub 5 qt. from QVC for $50 dollors (alas no chicken) - but what's up with the huge price difference in their QVC line?

Here is a link that might be useful: Staub at QVC

o

No chicken in the QVC line.....
I am dreaming of the day when I might be invited to someone's home who has a Staub with a chicken......and I can say..."Wow!! A Staub with a chicken!"....or conversly to someone's house with a Staub without a chicken on the lid....
I could say....."Tsk.....what a shame.....you didn't get a chicken on the lid.....*sigh*"..."

o

I have the 5 qt. Staub from QVC. I just saw the same thing today at Costco for about $125; I couldn't seen any difference between it and mine.

It's a great pot--I really like it.

o

Yes, I know the one...It was a TSV. I got the flame red one and it is a great pot. But, it has no chicken so its classless! The chicken is the THING ya know...must have that chicken. (Actually, it looks like an old Studebaker hood ornament, sorta.) Maybe I should ask DH to take me to a salvage yard on a treasure hunt for a chicken to add to my 5 qt. flame red Staub pot from QVC? Now, THAT would represent class, don't ya think?

o

Wait a second guys - I just realized....that's no chicken - that's a rooster!!!! I hope we didn't hurt his feelings...

o

Well duh! It's Coq au Vin, not Chicken au Vin... ;)

o

All teasing aside (and thanks for the chuckles, y'all), if it were me, I'd get the rooster. It's a special piece of cookware, so why not get the pretty one? A beautiful but still practical indulgence, is the rooster-handled Staub.

o

I just sent DH the chicken (oops, I meant "rooster") link w/a sweet little note, "Dear Honey......"

Maybe, he'll forward my note to Santa???

o

Wonder if they have a pan with a cute little lamby for braised lamb shanks.....

o
RE: DH Response

Well, DH's response to my Xmas request..."That is a fowl pot!". :)

o

Tell DH you will cry "foul" if he doesn't get it for you!

o

Lindac wrote:

"Wonder if they have a pan with a cute little lamby for braised lamb shanks....."

Well, since it's for slow cooking, how about a snail??

Ken

Here is a link that might be useful: Not a lamb but a snail

o

Both the snail and rooster are spiffy. This morning the Los Angeles Times today had the results of a "Braise-Off" between the Staub, Le Creuset, and Emile Henry.

Here is a link that might be useful: LA Times Braiser Article

o

Interesting article...thanks. I didn't know the Staub had a dark interior. The one I purchased from QVC looks just like LC so it never occurred to me that their other lines would be a different interior color. I would HATE a dark interior...(don't like one in a purse either!) my eyes are bad enough. Guess I'll have to tell DH that my Xmas present request is a dead duck......

o

If you all get so excited about a coq, wait until you see this swine!

Cute, if you're into pigs.

Susan

o

OMGROFLMAO.....! Too Cute Where did you find that?

o

He was hanging out with this here frog:

Ribbit.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Kiss him and see what happens!!

o

I could not resist! When I saw that the piggy could be used on a gas stovetop as well as the oven there was no holding me back. He'll be on my stove by Thanksgiving which, thank goodness, I'm cooking this year. Thanks for the heads-up on the froggy & piggy.

o

I'm sure Miss Piggy will enjoy Thanksgiving at your place, but I'm guessing she'll miss Kermit. Have a heart! Give the frog a home! :)

Susan, an enabler

o

OMG!!! That is hysterical!!!! What will you be serving in your pig? That little pig cracks me up! What is the little pig for?

o

Maggie -- Apparently the piglet is for good luck. As far as I'm concerned, the little hog could use it! Have you ever listened to "This little piggy"??? Wee-Wee-Wee, indeed.

Thanks for your comments on the cabinet poll in the Kitchen Forum, btw...I didn't want to take that thread OT, but here I am doing it to this one. Oops. Thanks, though!

Susan

o

What am I going to serve...why Pigs In A Blanket, of course!

o

LOL Tricia - franks in a blanket (thats what we call them in the catering business so we can charge more!) if you want to be oh so fancy - but wait your serving it in that hog! I'm sure it will be a hit!

I think Miss Piggy should stay inter-species and stick with Kermit!

Susan - so when was this thread on topic!!! LOL - I personally prefer when treads go OT - much more INTERESTING!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here