Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mauviel M'Stone or similar?

Posted by FLsandytoes (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 12:03

I need new cookware for induction and have decided that it might be time to move away from my heavy clad stainless stuff and buy aluminum. I'm not sold on Scanpan or Swiss Diamond, as they have somewhat mixed reviews.

A few days ago I stumbled upon Mauviel M'Stone, but can find only a bare handful of reviews. So I come to Gardenweb! Has anyone here tried it? What did you think of it?

I do want thick-walled pans for more even heat distribution. If you like other aluminum pans that work on induction and are nice and thick, I'd love to hear about them, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mauviel M'Stone or similar?

Induction does NOT work with aluminum - you need steel, cast iron, and certain of the stainless (not all stainless will work - check with a magnet)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here