Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disc storage for Cuisinart 20-cup food processor?

Posted by bluebirdnut (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 25, 09 at 11:57

Does anyone have any suggestions? Their disc storage units only accommodate the discs for up to 14-cup processors - my new XP unit discs are being stored in a bowl in my baking cabinet right now. I'd like to find a countertop storage unit that would fit these discs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disc storage for Cuisinart 20-cup food processor?

I'd keep them in a drawer unless you use all of them every day. How often do you use them?

o

I don't have a drawer available. I use one of the discs maybe once a week.

o

Then your baking cabinet. I think that counter real estate is way too valuable to use to store yet another thing that isn't used daily.

o

I'm mainly concerned about the discs getting damaged if they're banging around in the cabinet without being in a holder of some sort. My baking cabinet is rather "full". I know what you mean about counter space, but I have the perfect spot for a disc holder between the stand mixer and the food processor, underneath a wall cabinet, a space I never use as workspace anyway. Wouldn't you think Cuisinart would make a disc holder for their Professional series food processors?!

o

Yes, I think you've pointed out a good need for such. Sorry I can't think of anything.

o

The only thing I can suggest is a wooden platter storage rack. You know, the one with the pegs attached to a wooden base. Might solve your problem till you can find a Cuisinart storage unit. NancyLouise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here