Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rival crockpot insert

Posted by ysop1016 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 07 at 11:45

The black crockery insert is impossible to clean. I wash in with Dawn then put it in the DW and it comes out with food debris still on it. Any tips?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rival crockpot insert

Yes, a long soak. Water is a powerful solvent.

I know some people don't like the idea of having something in their sink for 2 or 3 days, but it really is the best way to release almost any cooked-on/burnt-on substance...

o

..........and if after washing/soaking your insert any food debris still remains, a little Bar Keepers Friend with a scrub brush will magically remove what remains. BKF will not harm the glazing on the insert.

Dan

o

Thanks for the suggestions. I soaked and then used BKF and there are still little white flecks. I am getting rid of this one as it's not worth the trouble. Another so-called improvement. My old Rival with the non-removable crock was a breeze to clean.

o

I use a Dobie pad with the Barkeepers.
What I wonder is does the light color really clean up better or does the food just show up more on the dark?
Kay

o

After doing the soaking & BKF cleaning procedures, there is no way those remaining little white flecks are food debris. Crock-pots do not get hot enough to really bake-on any debris that BKF won't remove. If what you see in the insert after cleaning is the size of specs......I would think it is a defect or part of the ceramic. If it is spotty, it might be soap residue that forms on drying.

I would try cleaning with Windex window cleaner and towel drying. If the spots are removed......it is just soap residue. If the specs remain....it is a minor harmless defect in the ceramic insert.

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here