Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need info on Revere Proline pans.

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 2, 06 at 11:35

I was at the thrift store yesterday and found a 10" Revere Proline saute pan with lid. It looks like those Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 Stainless Steel sets. It has a thick bottom piece and is very heavy. It looked almost new and had hardly been used.

I like the fact it is so heavy, a lot more then my old Revere copper bottom pans. It has a metal handle on both sides. I thought it would be great for browning meat then cooking the rest of the way in the oven.

And for $6 it was worth buying. I tried to find more for sale on ebay but can't find any. Does anyone have the set and like it? Does it cook well? Can anyone give me any information about them and where I can buy more?

Thanks.
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need info on Revere Proline pans.

Hi aptosca

$6 is a great price for a 10" Revere Proline saute pan. It is one of their better quality lines. They are expensive brand new. You don't use them the same way as regular pans. With it having a thick bottom it is designed to retain heat and spread it evenly. You can cook at a much lower temperature then what you are use to. It has taken me years of dedicated nagging at my husband to get him to stop cranking the heat up on my heavy bottomed Lagostina pots. He finally stopped when he had clean all the burnt offerings that he was cooking.

As to were you can buy more, the same place as the first one, second-hand stores, garage sales, bargin finder sections of your local newspaper, etc...

o

nickie - thanks for all the information on the pans especially about how to use them. This is my first bottom clad pan and wasn't sure how to use it. I wish I had found the whole set when I was there! I have been wanting All Clad or Calphaon for years but no can do as long as my 30 year old Revere set is still working. I will keep my eyes open and starting looking at all the places you suggested.
Clare

o

Ebay is the best place to look. Don't expect cheap, they are expensive new. You have come across one of the best pans available. Very heavy bottoms 3 plt that spread the heat very well. Learn to cook at lower temperatures and dont turn untill the product releases fom the pan. Good luck, my daughter is waiting for my 12 pan set that I have used over 20 years. Lifetime pans.

o

dave1272 - I did find them on ebay. A whole set! And at not too bad of a price. I have had them for a couple of months now and I love to cook with them. They work really well with the big burners and high temps on my new Wolf.
Thanks.
Clare

o

Clare, ask around for info on Revere outlet stores. You may be lucky enough to find one in your area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here