Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

Pretty decent deal on A-C 4 qt pot at Williams-Sonoma

cat_mom
15 years ago

I will cross post this in kitchens as well.

I'd taken a free techniques class at a local W-S recently, and saw the 4 qt soup pot with lid on display (and later, in one of their catalogs). It seemed like a good size/pot to have in my "arsenal" so I decided to check around for the best pricing; Amazon.com, Fortunoff's (had a 20%) coupon, Chef Central (another coupon)....

There was no listing for a 4 qt soup pot on any of the above-named locations, nor was that pot listed on the A-C site. The closest thing I could find, was a 4 qt casserole pot (also with lid), which looked to be pretty much the same size/pot. I got the dimensions of the casserole pot off a couple web sites, and then contacted W-S to confirm their A-C's soup pot's dimensions, and they were identical. The clincher, was the sku or model # on the soup pot box (5304), which is also the # for the 4 qt casserole.

Why go to all that trouble, when I could have clearly purchased the same exact pot (with a different "name") at a number of other places? Price! The 4 qt casserole is selling for ~$185 everywhere. Even with a 20% off coupon, the price would be $148. The price of the pot at W-S is $134.95 ($14 less than the coupon price at other stores), AND, you get the A-C large ladle with the pot (retails for $25 at W-S, ~$22 on Amazon)!

Now, I realize that this isn't quite the bargain one might find at a HomeGoods, or TJ Maxx for example, but it still seemed like a good deal for those who want the pot (like me), but don't want wait for it to possibly show up at discount stores or outlets.