Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble with Brown Bag Cookie mold

Posted by robynpa (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 10:36

I just bought a Brown Bag Cookie Mold and tried 2 of the recipes that came with the mold. I don't like either recipe and then tried a recipe that I use often and that everyone loves.

The recipe I use all the time I have always baked in a glass dish and it come out just fine. When I tried it in the cookie mold it did not cook in the middle and did not release from the pan.

How can I change this recipe to make it work in the cookie mold.

1 cup flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups chopped pecans
Baked 40 min in a 300 degree oven.

Should I turn the oven up, cook longer, try to unmold the cookie before I bake it? I love this recipe and would love to get the lovely pattern from the mold onto the cookies. Esp since the mold was $40!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble with Brown Bag Cookie mold

Hmm, you know, I inherited some brown bag cookie molds from my sister, but never tried using them. And I made cookies just before reading this post!

Your recipe looks fine.. I guess I would try to raise the temp to 350 degrees and shorten the cooking time.

Perhaps the molds need to be used some to 'season' themselves so that the cookie releases. I would be tempted to try wiping the mold with oil/butter to see if that helped as well. I'm surprised it did not cook in the middle.

o
RE: Trouble with Brown Bag Cookie un- mold,,

I read the instructions to the cookie mold. It says to lightly oil the mold, and then dust it with flour, then after filling with dough, tap it on it's side against a wood cutting board to release it, then bake the cooking on a baking sheet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here