Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Mixed color pans - food looks good in what?

marys1000
16 years ago

This is a rather stupid post but I'm having trouble.

I have used one set of flame colored Le Creuset sauce pans for years (25?). I have replaced one in flame and need to replace 2 others (so I have one new saucepan and the original largest pot which is still good).

I'm not sure I want flame anymore. But I'm not sure what other color to get either. Off white? Blue? Maybe red but probably not? And I'll still have my 2 flame unless I really splurge and buy all new and give those away (that would be a major splurge for me)

I don't know why I'm having trouble with the idea of purposefully mixing up the colors seeing how I use non-stick frying pans but since they seem to be a seperate entity.....plus I'm not in a high end house/high end kichen. Strictly middle class. I do like trying to decorate and make the house look nice though I don't go overboard.

Would you buy colors by whether food looks pleasing in them? I noticed the Barefoot Contessa was making soup in an off white Le Creuset pot and the soup looked yummy against the white.

Or how it looks in the your kitchen? Considering that kitchen colors change over time?

And when I get really old I'll probably have to buy a stainless pot set of some kind anyway since the Le Creseut is practically too heavy to lift now! LOL!

What would you do?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus