Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mums_helper

Best Bread Machine?

mums_helper
19 years ago

My SIL has killed 3 bread machines (overuse, maybe?) in 5 years. They were Hamilton Beach and maybe a Breadman. Anyway, this Christmas I want to get her one that really lasts.

I've been doing research on Zojirushi, Breadman, and I see some posts about Welbilt but can't find a source (other than e-bay). I'm going to a restaurant supply place this morning to see if they have anything commercial.

I would really appreciate any experiences or opinions. ((Been lurking quite a while but just had to sign up to ask this question). I love this site and all the forums. It's the first place I go for opinions and advice.

Thanks again for all help!

Comments (8)

• steve_o
    19 years ago

My mom swears by her Zoji. I think it's the first appliance she set up in her new place ... It does a very nice job. Much nicer than my Oster ever did.

• Janet_in_CT
    19 years ago

My Panasonic 1 1/2 pound size breadmaker does a good job every time. I read that the only part that wears out is that little paddle thing that turns to mix the dough and it is a good idea to get an extra one while the one that fits your model is still available.

• mums_helper
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you both for your replies. I'm not having any luck finding a Zoji ('cept the internet and we don't use credit cards); I like the idea that it has 2 paddles.

I did find a top of the line Panasonic. Good to know that it does a great job.

The other one that I found was a Breadman T2200.

Decisions....decisions....lol

• KathieT
    19 years ago

Love my Zoji too. You are right, the two paddles make a difference. I believe you can order and pay with a check at the King Arthur Flour site.

Here is a link that might be useful: bakerscatalogue

• pratzert
    19 years ago

My vote is for the Panasonic/National brand.
    I have an older 1 1/2 Lb machine. Had it for 15 years now.

Still makes the best darn bread and dough.

Tim

• snowbaby
    19 years ago

Tim, I'm with you -- although mine is only 14 years old! I've baked bread for 45 years. But, I got a new Panasonic, top of the line, a year ago for my son. It doesn't do as well. Crumb isn't as even, bread falls sometimes. When mine goes, I will probably get a Zo, but not for the two paddles.

BTW, Panasonic still supplies belts, paddles, and pans for my old machine. Don't phone the customer service, phone technical support. They were also willing to send me the technical manual, and to ask Japan for the baking temperature of each cycle. Helped me convert old recipes to their bread machine. Now THAT's service!

• bemily
    19 years ago

I've had a Zoji for several years, tried different bread recipes, ingredients, troubleshooted etc. and can't seem to get the bread to come out right. Theres nothing really wrong with the bread, it just doesn't taste like good bought bread or homemade and I thought it would. I've never had any other machine to compare it to. I just put it aside and buy store bought bread now but would love to use it if it came out good.

• bemily
    19 years ago

I've had a Zoji for several years, tried different bread recipes, ingredients, troubleshooted etc. and can't seem to get the bread to come out right. Theres nothing really wrong with the bread, it just doesn't taste like good bought bread or homemade and I thought it would. I've never had any other machine to compare it to. I just put it aside and buy store bought bread now but would love to use it if it came out good.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH