Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
touring_gw

Lifeware Cookware

touring
18 years ago

I bought a set of lifeware about 20 years ago. The pots indicate that the product was made in Canada and the covers and handles have the maple leaf sign/logo.

While these pots are still going strong, some of the handles have deteriorated. I am unable to track the manufacturer. Anyone knows this company or where I can get handles to buy?

I have done a web search and the lifeware that I see advertise has changed its design. Instead of black "hard plastic" handles they are now steel. I am not sure if it is the same company.

Comments (32)

• touring
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I tried sending them 3 messages but each time this comes up after submitting my comments

"Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions' Smart HTML interpreter on this non-HTML page: "http://www.lifeware.us/Contact_LifeWare_Healthy_Cookware.htm"";
    As a result I am not sure they received my comments and I also did not receive any email response.

I only need 3 pairs each of the handles for the pots and pans of the older version of lifeware i.e. the black handles with the maple leaf pattern.

Anyone can tell me the cost and where to obtain them? I have already checked Ebay and have not seen that cookware listed.

It can't be "vintage" because I have a "steamliner" pressure cooker far older than those pots and I can still get rubbers and other parts through Presto.

What do you do with your old cookware that are still functional and sturdier than the modern ones?

• jsnyder
    18 years ago

Regarding Lifeware handles:

There was a company in Canada that sold cookware and many customers have contacted LifeWare Technologies, Inc (Our Company) to buy replacements. Sorry, we are a new company that sells revolutionary cookware but are NOT the Canadian company that was called "Lifeware." I have replied to all emails sent to our company and will continue to do so. Thanks for posting the question and I do believe that that Canadian company is gone!

Take care,
    Jim

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

Jim, I tried sending you a message through the contact button on your web site. It returned an error. You should have them fix that.

Ken

• jsnyder
    18 years ago

Ken, I will check the "error" message out first thing on Tuesday and I thank you VERY much for pointing that out. You may email me directly at jsnyder@lifeware.us if you wish. I look forward to your communications and wouldn't mind speaking with you as mentioned in my most recent message post. You can either call me at ext. 243 directly or simply send a contact number in an email and I'll gladly pick up the long distance tab. Take care...Jim

• royh123
    17 years ago

I too, am on the hunt for Lifeware 'mapleleaf' handles. Would really like to know where they can be sourced.

• touring
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry Royh but I have not yet been able to find a source. If you do, please contact me.

The pots are good but the handles seem to have become brittle with age. Lost another one since I last posted.

Maybe someone can suggest an alternative solution.

• adrianai
    16 years ago

Help
    I have been looking for these handles for about 10 years now. I went on Lifetime which isn't he same cookware and they have posted a notice that they are not the same company as Lifeware and that as far as they know Lifeware is no longer in business. If anyone can help or if you have found the company in the US or Canada please email with the info. I am really desperate. I only have one original handle on my pans, and it's really hard to cook with no handles. The cookware is still in real good condition. Please help. Thankyou

• solarpowered
    16 years ago

Perhaps you can get a machine shop to machine some handles for you.

• kberly_brown_sympatico_ca
    15 years ago

I bought 2 "Lifeware" stainless steel pots about 27 years ago & they are as good as new except one of the handles. Did anyone have any luck finding replacements??

• dianepmoses_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

Why stop manufacturing a Best Seller... Best Product on the market?? Lifeware Pots was a Best Seller/ The Best of the Best. My mother had bought a set in the late 70/s I believe and wow ... they are still going strong. Idont mind getting myself a set of pots myself... You talk about Stainless Steel.

• patrickmayuel_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have the same problem , I have my set of pans for 30 years can not fine handles for them , need help Thanks Patrick.

• dmccorriston
    8 years ago

Am writing this 4 years later than the last post. My mother bought her set of LifeWare in the late 1940's and I bought my set of Lifetime in 1959. Both sets are still going strong and in good condition...including handles. I use mine daily. One of my pots has a loose handle but it is fixable with a screwdriver. It is the best set of pots and pans I have ever seen or used.

• Nona Graham
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My mother got a set of RenaWare cookware in 1962 which she still uses everyday and only one broken handle - her fault. I bought my RenaWare used with two handles missing. This year I decided to go with induction cooking in my RV but didn't want to bring my good pots and pans. This is when I discovered LifeWare, at, believe it or not - Value Village. I got a small pot and lid with all the handles and a really big pot with a frying pan type lid both without handles. I'm going to take a small handle off the small pot and put it on the large pot lid but otherwise I am going to keep an eye out at yard sales and thrift stores for any cheap pot that might have a handle that might fit the LifeWare pots. Too bad we can't order new handles - last time I contacted RenaWare in the US they had replacement handles and pot lid handles. I've also gotten some other pots made by Vacumatic (another Canadian waterless cookware company - still in business) - they also have replacement handles and knobs on their website - it might be worthwhile looking to see if any of their handles might fit on the LifeWare cookware.

• jastew55
    8 years ago

I am looking for Lifeware handles also; would appreciate any leads in my search.

• freetree
    8 years ago

I too am looking to replace handles, my mother bought me a set for my wedding, almost 20 yrs, I use them daily...I have a 4 pots with broken handles, the pots are still in excellent condition, it would be fantastic if they still make the handles.

• kleelissel
    7 years ago

I have had the cookware for over 30 years and still like new other than one handle. I may have a source for a few handles but will take me a day or two to find out first and will post here if I have found out where to get them. If I can't find the source I will also let everyone here in the forum know.

• deshani2000
    6 years ago

Hi everyone,

Any luck with the acquisition of pot handles for lifeware. I have mind for more than thirty years. Need handles too.

• Pea
    6 years ago

Maybe search thrift stores for used to replace the handles.

• Nick Magiropoulos
    6 years ago

Anyone find these handles... i need some please

• Joanne Cardinal
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I agree I just found my initial contract, I bought the entire life-ware Pots & pans October 27, 1975 and like everybody I need Handles. If somebody know please contact. Best regards

• HU-106871794
    5 years ago

I bought my set of Life-Ware in 1970 and burned most of the handles in the first year as I was a new cook and not used to a gas stove. I then removed all the handles and have used them that way ever since; in and out of the fridge, stove-top and oven. I love them! Nothing I have ever seen can compare to how well they cook everything. Once in awhile people do ask why my pots have no handles but I just say I removed them! Suggest you do the same.

• Pea
    5 years ago

What does the bracket for lifeware look like? Maybe a handle from another company would work.

• HU-676518164
    4 years ago

I to am looking for handles . I have had mine since early70’s. Would love to know where I can find replacements

• HU-223720711
    4 years ago

Having the same problem. I am also looking for handles. I have had mine since 1974.

• HU-84828225
    3 years ago

I too would be very grateful if I can secure handles for my pots.

Mine is 35 years old

• HU-839911677
    2 years ago

I have What is left from my mother's Lifeware cookware, a soup pot, or could've dutch oven ,pouch ware pot small sauce pan looking for more pieces. I almost lost this family heirloom. My sister not a cook gave the pots away. I tracked it down word of mouth, and traded a full set of pots for the few pieces I got back. Mom had soup made everyday of the week in that pot, and made bread and let it ride in the Dutch oven lid. Such great memories. My son cooks learned from his Grama as well. Looking for more pieces , any leads or anyone selling or give away. My mother bought the pots at first from a company called Dominion ware I think in the 1950's, Anyone know the history before Lifeware , just curious. I cherish the couple pots I have , looking for a fry pan big and small and small sauce pan. Thanks have enjoyed reading the comments, and will continue to look for Lifeware, live in Canada, so I hope that I find some.

• Roger Mahon
    2 years ago

Hi! It seems that a lot of people are trying to get Lifeware pots and pan handles replaced. I also need about 14 handle sets as I have 4 sets of pots. My mother used eye bolts as handles where handles were needed. I will like to get the real thing to put back on the pots. I will continue to research and if I get any where successful I will post it. Is there any possibility to get a Bakelite company to get a mold and make handles as so many of us need them?

• HU-89426794
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Please note II have 4 sets of original handles made in Canada for sale. I have just inherited the maple design cookware from my mum who is in a nursing home. Cost will be $200 for the lot plus postage.

Please reply by email if interested in purchasing.

• Jace Traz
    2 years ago

hu-89426794: Thats one way to kill a thread.

• HU-431662184
    last year

Just Learned that Life-Ware went out of business in 1995.

Trying to find replaceable pot handles today is a challenge!

• Len Imbery
    11 months ago

I used to sell the Lifeware pots in the early '70s....I believe they're out of business now and used to be part of Atlas Enterprizes who also managed Atlas Van Lines. They were great pots as far as the stainless steel and were quite expensive. Probably went out of business because they were sold via pyramid marketing sales by commision