Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazycook_gw

Kitchen Craft Cookware (from Home Show)

lazycook
17 years ago

I bought the basic beginner Kitchen Craft Cookware at the HOme Show a couple yrs ago. I was so hungry and tired when I sat down to watch the demo that everything that was demonstrated looked so good and easy. The quality seems good but I don't care for the shape. The biggest disappointment is the Kitchen Kutter (chops up the veggies to make a salad - looks like a grinder). I went back to the Home Show last yr to let the gal know that the Kitchen Kutter would not work. She demo'd it again and I went home and tried it out but I just ended up with a big mess. She made it look so easy. There were a couple other people there who also said that they had a hard time using their Kitchen Kutter. Does anyone else have this cookware and do you use the Kitchen Kutter? I may have to donate it to Goodwill.

Comments (11)

• jeff0
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi - My wife wants a set of Kitchen
    Craft cookware. Would you like to
    sell your set?
    Thanks,

• kanorton_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

I have a large set of the West Bend Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware that was my mother-in-law's but she only used maybe one or two pieces before she fell and had to go to a nursing home. It's the Deluxe Set shown here http://www.cookforlife.com/products.cfm#deluxe which is the Basic Set and Family Set. I also have the Gormet Cooker, Liquid Core Electric Skillet. Are you still looking for a set still?

• gypsyrose
    16 years ago

I bought the kitchen cutter off ebay, and find it difficult to use - I boxed it up and will probably sell it back on ebay. I wonder if anyone likes those things? In theory, they seem like a good idea.

• kanorton
    16 years ago

I have sold my set of cookware above so there is no need to contact me about it any longer. Thank you for your response.
    Karen Norton

• david_grm_net
    16 years ago

I am looking for Kitchen Craft Cookware for my daughters for Christmas. It does not have to be an entire set. I would be interested in buying a set of knifes also. Donna Beavers

• smyrnaquince
    16 years ago

gypsyrose and lazycook (or anyone else!),

I saw the Kitchen Kutter at a County Fair this summer and thought it looked interesting. (But I didn't realize how hard they were to use!)

If either of you still have your Kitchen Kutter, I might be interested in buying it to give it a try. I also have pawpaw seeds to trade!

Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Dave

• frogelina
    15 years ago

I have a Kitchen Craft Kitchen Kutter. It's brand new never been opened. I'm wanting to sell it only because I want to go home for Christmas. If I am able to sell the Kitchen Kutter at a reasonable price it will allow my Christmas wish will be fulfilled. I'm going to try to sell it on ebay. I just don't know how much to ask for it. Any advice? Thanks.

• jfeaz
    15 years ago

Well, how much will it cost to get home for Christmas?

• jas_m
    14 years ago

I love my Kitchen Cutter but I primarily use the #2 cone to shred root vegetables and cabbage. A really good tip for your health is never cook root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, beets, rutabaga, turnips, red cabbage (ok, not a root but I like it in the mix). Cooking turns these vegetables to sugar that tastes great but promotes a nice healthy layer of fat around your middle. This layer of fat is invaluable during the winter when you may have to go for days without food. If you're not planning on weekly fasts during the winter then dramatically reduce the sugars in your diet and that fat will disappear like its supposed to. You can eat these vegetables year round if you eat them raw...and so much wonderful nutrition and fiber. These are truly natures nutritional stockpiles.

Take one of each except 2 carrots and 1/4 head cabbage. Like Jim says feed these toward the back of the feed chute and rotate them for complete shredding. Dont peel anything, lots of vitamins and minerals in the peels too; just wash off any dirt. Halve or quarter the larger items. Like Jim says scrunch the cabbage down firmly and start with the outside toward the blade. If you end up with any "skins" left over you can dice them with a knife. The "presentation salad" bowl is perfect for shredding into. I usually alternate pieces of each vegetable and then mix this up by hand when I'm done. This takes about 10-15 minutes, once a week and serves two for about a week.

This makes a very colorful root mix, up to 1/2 gallon, which I keep in a Ziploc in with the veggies. Mix this with your dressing of choice (no HFCS or any other sweeteners) and you have a wonderful brightly colored slaw. Add some pine nuts or any other raw chopped nuts if you like. I have only found a few grocery store brands of dressing available without sugars: NewmanÂs Own Light Italian, Ken's Steak House Lite Northern Italian, the OrganicVille brands available at Costco and two Trader Joe brands - Goddess and Tuscan Italian.

Throw a handful on top of every salad you make...you're eating lots of salad for your health too, aren't you? Throw a handful into your protein blender drink. Yes, you could be having a nutritious morning beverage instead of that cereal or bagel and cream cheese.

Let me know if you think of other uses.

Eat to liveÂleaner and longer!

• gaugie_gaugie_com
    13 years ago

I just bought my Kitchen Kutter on ebay a few day ago. At first my salad looked terrible, tomatoes were ugh. Everything looks so messy. Then my neighbor brought over 30 bags of carrots and away I went. I am experimenting with the different cones. I cut the carrots into 3 inch pieces and feed them into the back of the cones and I got nice size slivers of carrots to dehydrate. My dehydrator has been working for two days. My puppies love them as healthy treats, hubby likes them too. I am watching the videos on the internet utube and learned where my mistakes were. Still am amateur, but
    enjoy using it. Now I have to find a receipe for carrot soup.