Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mateo21_gw

Apilco Porcelain?

mateo21
12 years ago

Hello all, and I'm a long time lurker first time poster here at GardenWeb... I have a dilemma about my new porcelain dishes. I received (for wedding presents) a beautiful set of Apilco porcelain.

I went with porcelain after a rather decent amount of research into durability, beauty, and longevity (style wise) and settled on porcelain (Apilco, by brand, was an after thought -- but as we were register at Williams-Sonoma it just happened, so-to-speak). Myself and my wife are... well, less than pleased with their durability. We've had them for about two months and we've had 2 broken dishes and 3 big chips (off of separate dishes), and aren't too happy!

OUr previous set was Pfaltzgraf which we had for about 4 years and maybe broke a bowl, maybe two. What gives? I worked at a kitchen store that carried Revol, and I've seen stacks of those plates hit the floor and all survive, but the Apilco, is it just that "soft"? Is this a brand problem?

I thought I was going into this with a reasonable impression of what these were going to be like and thus far we are not pleased... help! Any thoughts?

Comments (2)