Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help, now i have done it! Burned pan

Posted by hamptonmeadow (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 17, 06 at 23:51

I was carmelizing onions and forgot about them (joys of old age) and burnt the you know what out of my Le Crueset (sp?) pan. How do I get it off? Help please. I can't afford to replace the pan. I have soaked it, scraped it and nothing seems to work.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help, now i have done it! Burned pan

I've heard that you can put some water in it and boil it for a while to help loosen the burnt on stuff.
Good luck!

o

DD just burnt a pan the other night. She scoured it (before she told me) but it was still looking pretty bad. I put water and a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in the pan, let it boil for about 10 minutes, running a knife around the edges as it boiled. Then I rinsed and ran it through the dishwasher and it came out good as new, no scrubbing. Can't hurt to try--good luck.

o

My first thought was oven cleaner. However, before did that on an expensive pan such as yours probably is I'd go here and ask their advice:

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/content.php?name=Contact_Us

o

Boil with baking soda....and soak for a while....then use a Magic sponge....and what doesn't come off after all this is best considered as "seasoning"...won't hurt a thing....and with food in the pot you won't even see it.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here