Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any good deals on Lodge cast iron?

Posted by jomama49 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 5, 05 at 21:16

Where do YOU think the best place to buy Lodge cast iron is? I'm interested in a dutch oven. How many quarts do you recommend? I would guess that 5qts is plenty big enough for a family of four, but could you cook for six in it if you were entertaining? Any experiences to be shared would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any good deals on Lodge cast iron?

I've got some great Lodge prices on ebay. Currently ewins_corp has the Lodge Logic 5 qt Dutch oven for $24.99. One thing to keep in mind is that cast iron is heavy, so your shipping charges will add up.

o

If you live close to or travel by Cracker Barrel restaurants, they sell Lodge cast iron. Very inexpensive as compared to other prices I have seen.

o

Cast iron is often cheaper at local hardware or cooking stores. As PhatCat points out, it's heavy, so a local place that uses truck shipping (buying many items simultaenously) often incurrs less shipping charges than using UPS.

Ace and True Value, which use company trucks, don't care about weight, because they will also be carrying cases of AC filters and light bulbs at the same time, so the weight really make no difference.

o

I've seen what appear to be excellent prices on Amazon.com. Only $8.99 for a Lodge Logic 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet. $26.99 for a Lodge Logic 5-Quart Pre-Seasoned Dutch Oven. With free shipping for purchases of over $25 (only items directly from Amazon.com, not 3rd parties through Amazon.com) it should be even cheaper than eBay. Plus they have a coupon running through November 27, 2005 for $25 off of $125 or more of Kitchen & Housewares or Bed & Bath products. Promotion code WTRQUCKDSCNT. I'm thinking of loading up.

Here is a link that might be useful: $25 off purchase details

o

WalMart carries a fairly good selection of Lodge Cast Iron cookware. Sams Club has had sets for sale around the holidays.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here