Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attractive Pie Dish

Posted by HershiGrl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 05 at 20:08

I'm looking for an attractive pie pan to use for potlucks and such.

What's the difference between this lovely one from Williams-Sonoma...

W-S's Pie Dish

And this identical-looking one from Target?

Target's Pie Dish

Besides the price, of course! Is there a difference in heat distribution? I hear that W-S's Emile dishes are made from some special Belgian clay, or something like that!

- HershiGrl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attractive Pie Dish

I'd say the price. One is stone ware the other is the fancy named clay. I'd go with the Target one.

o

Why....of course the WS one is from WS after all! How could it NOT be worth twice the cost of a Target one???
And that's another reason why I never shop Williams Sonoma!
Linda C

o

I'm sure Linda and Liz are right but everyone who has one of the Emile Henry pie plates seems to just love it. They now have the fall color out which is a deep brown.

I don't hear anyone raving about their Target plate (but maybe the EH buyers need the reassurance?!?)

Ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here