Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fridge mount magnetic knife rack?

Posted by kmickleson (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 05 at 19:36

This type knife holder has magnets on the back which let you attach it to your fridge, which I require because I have no wall space for a wall-mount version of it. I bought one years ago from one of those chintzy catalogues like Harriet Carter or something--and I still have it but am looking to find a longer replacement. I've Googled every imaginable combo of terms, checked current "home" catalogues to try & find one to no avail. [Many wall-mount versions, but none with magnets to hold up on fridge.] I can't believe nobody's come up with a modern day version of this immensely helpful item. Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fridge mount magnetic knife rack?

Why don't you attach strip magnets to the back of a magnetic knife rack that you like. You can get adhesive magnet strips at the hardware store. You can even screw them to the back of the rack for extra strength.

o

IKEA has a magnetic bar that's very strong. And cheap! I have a couple of them...in fact, I picked up 2 for .50 each in the AS-IS room. It has mounts on each end, or it can be used magnetically (sp?).

If you live near an IKEA, it's worth a shot to see if it will suit your needs. If I remember correctly, it's $5.99 in the US.

Hope that helps!
Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnetic Knife Rack Specs

o

Susan,

Thanks so much for your info. I had in fact come across the Ikea one on my search, but they didn't say it was magnetic on the back, so I was reluctant to order it. With your input, I went ahead and ordered 2 of 'em!

Again, thanks. Amazing how great these forums are for getting any obscure bit of information.

Karen

o

Glad to have been of help! :)

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here