Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electric waffle maker performance

Posted by highstrung (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 19:35

Can you recommend waffle makers that do not make batter stick? I've gone through some bad ones like Villaware. Now I want to tray Zillaware -- way expensive though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electric waffle maker performance

I bought a Villaware several months ago and am still enamored with making waffles. Hubby has said enough on the waffles! Not one ever, has stuck even remotely. Each waffle is beautifully crisp and golden. It is the best waffle iron I have ever used. And I make waffles several times a month.
I don't grease the grids or spray it either. Clean up is a wipe down with a paper towel.
So, I guess I can't answer your question.

My waffle recipe, which makes 6 round belgian waffles, does call for a stick of butter however.

o

My best non stick waffle iron is very very old and is naturally non stick.....that is well seasoned by cooking lots of waffles on it.
Linda C

o

Let me go check ... dh is the waffle-maker in our house.

It's a Toastmaster. Teflon-coated ... makes delicious, round waffles. Clean-up is a breeze.

o

I have the Villaware wafflemaker, too and I love it. I do spray it with Pam before I put the first waffle in and, following my mother's instructions, I always discard the first waffle. I've never had a problem with sticking, and it cleans up well. Of course, the older the better, when it comes to waffles makers.

o

After using the Waring wafflemaker at hotel breakfasts got one for home and it makes great waffles, no need to discard any.
It is available on ebay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here