Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mr_jones

Good stainless roasting pan for convection oven?

mr_jones
16 years ago

We have a new full-size convection oven. What's a good stainless roasting pan, with shallow depth, that we could use when cooking with pure convection?

Comments (10)

• lindac
    16 years ago

This is one of the few times when I prefer anodized aluminum...unless you are baking lasagna or other tomato based dish.
    I think the one in the link below would be perfect for a turkey, beef or potk roast, a couple of chickens or about anything else you might roast.
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: claphalon roaster

• momj47
    16 years ago

Like Linda said, if you want to roast meat, you'll want a dark pan. The Calphalon pan is perfect - dark metal with a rack. Juices crystallize in the bottom and become dark without burning. That makes the most wonderful gravy. That won't happen with a stainless pan.

Here's a link to a review of roasting pans, and Calphalon comes out best.

Here is a link that might be useful: roasting pans

• eandhl
    16 years ago

Another vote for the claphalon roaster. I love mine.

• kayskats
    16 years ago

I have a Calphalon Contemporary stainless lasagna pan and since I do not cook large birds or whole hams, it does just fine. I use a sturdy cake rack in the bottom (or better still a bed of carrots, celery and onions.)

• bretonb
    16 years ago

Just a thought for you. The first and last time I used my new convection oven to roast a small roast of pork, it was a disaster. I mean the oven was a disaster , the roast was delicious. I used a shallow roasting pan and during the roasting time I removed alot of excess grease. By the time the roast ws ready to eat, the oven was covered in grease from top to bottom. I should have read the manual first. The manual I got with the range said to use the supplied roasting pan with grid on top, as well as a convection rack on top of this. It said this would catch the excess grease and prevent excess spatter. I kind of have my doubts about preventing excess spatter.
    They say to use this method so that air gets to the underside of the roast.
    What do others think?

• cynandjon
    16 years ago

I love my old enamel dark blue roasting pan. My bird or whatever I roast never sticks.

• kitchendetective
    16 years ago

I have not noticed a difference in how my roasts come out as long as I use a heavy pan. I have used both dark and stainless, Mauviel, All-Clad, and Bourgeat.

• cupofkindness
    16 years ago

I have a Calphalon classic anondized pan, which sort of matches my Calphalon all-stainless tri-ply. Also, I use the bake function on my convection oven when I roast a turkey or rib roast. This turns off the convection fan. Doesn't dry out one side of the meat. I completely seal the turkey with aluminum foil too. No basting, just roasting. Perfect meat this way. Do not use convection when roasting meat.

• nicole__
    16 years ago

I have Kitchenaid double convection ovens. I cover a turkey or roast for the reasons you mentioned and uncover for the last 30 minutes using a light foil tent over the top. I use aluminum for this pan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkey roaster