Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
substitute bundt vs. cake pan ..can I?

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 07 at 17:53

I have a zucchini/carrot cake that I have always baked in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. I have one of those flexible ('plastic') bundt pans that can be used either in the oven or microwave & was wonderng if I could bake this cake in the bundt pan also .. or are recipes calculated for specific size pans? I'd hate to ruin the cake but I thought once in awhile the cake would look better in the bundt pan.

Would appreciate any ideas!

-vieja

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: substitute bundt vs. cake pan ..can I?

I don't see why not. You'll probably have to adjust the baking time, but that's not hard to figure out. Just test the cake for doneness at various intervals around it's normal baking time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here