Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need new non-stick cookware help

Posted by gambleress (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 31, 09 at 17:35

I a am trying to decided between Emrils anodized all clad 10 piece set and Analons Advanced bronze anodized set. Has anyone had any experience with either? I have a cast iron skillet for my corn bread and stainless pan I use all the time for browning and general cooking. I am wanting a matching set for everthing else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need new non-stick cookware help

Why do you want a matching set? Generally, it's not a wise buy.

o

My MIL gave me a gift card for a set, my saute pans and non stick are worn out, so I would like to use for a nice set that will last to use with my Stainless that I use a lot. We also have a new home and would like to clear out some stratched up pans that have been getting me through for veggies and misc.

o

Sets are usually very impractical because you don't get use out of several pieces. Is the gift card useful for individual pieces? I'd probably buy what I really use, and forget about some of the pieces that come with a 'set'.

o

I may, but still would be between Emril All Clad and Anolon. Do you know which holds up better?

o

Consider also Infinite Circulon made by Meyer, the company that makes Anolon. So far, it's the only anodized aluminum cookware that's induction ready and dishwasher safe (though I can't imagine anything leaving a mess that wouldn't clean up in the sink). The $60 pair of 10" and 12" skillets is a steal.

o

Just because Emerilware is made by AllClad, don't believe you are getting Allclad quality. I purchased a stainless Emerilware set when I purchased my induction range in July. Paid $119/set--cheap and worth exactly that. Piece by piece I'm replacing it. The one piece that I'll keep is the Chef's Pan--picture a wok crossed with a stock pan.

o

I would check out the all clad seconds at cookwarenmore.com or check out williams-sonoma outlets. The pieces I have purchased have just had slight blemishes in the handles. You can't beat the prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: all clad seconds at cookwarenmore

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here