Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found this cookware deal... Is it a great deal???

Posted by serrante (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 13, 05 at 16:58

I found the following cookware on sale for $209.00...

Cuisinart MCP-12 Multiclad Pro Stainless-Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set

It sounds like a good deal, but want to see if more savvy shoppers think otherwise...

Thanks for the help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found this cookware deal... Is it a great deal???

If you know you'll actually use the pieces in a set -- or if you'll keep what you'll really use and give away the rest -- then a set can be a very good deal. But if you buy it as a "great deal" and then realize you don't have a big pot you want for boiling pasta water or that you want a tiny pot for melting butter or chocolate or such, then it's not such a great deal.

Personally, I don't believe any cookware material is ideal for all kinds of cooking; a clad product like All-Clad or Multiclad probably comes closest to "universal" in my view, though that kind of cookware usually comes at a price.

o

Serrante, I think it's a very good deal. Great cookware, and compares favorably to All-Clad. Nice bonuses with it too, and free shipping. Open an Amazon charge, and get another $20 off!

o

Serrante, hope you were talking about Amazon, as it's actually $184 there ($25 off a $125 purchase). You also get a Cuisinart free santouko knife, and a small mini Cuisinart processor + free shipping!

o

Thanks for the responses, very helpful... And yes it was the amazon deal, I found through a connection at slickdeals.net... It sent me to the amazon site where I saw the 12 piece pro set on sale... and I did see the extra $25 discount... It looks like I will be owning a new set of cookware...

Steve...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here