Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What cookware for me?

Posted by greenmulberry (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 17, 06 at 16:43

I need new pots and pans.

I received a set of Calphalon anodized aluminum about 5 years ago and they look like junk now, they get horrible cooked on stains on them that I cannot get off by hand washing, and you are not supposed to wash them in the dishwasher. Well, they looked so bad I started just washing them in the dishwasher after a while and sure enough, the finish is going away. Not to mention that the largest pan warped about a year into use and doesn't sit flat anymore (can you tell I hate these pans?) they just don't fit my lifestyle!

I need something that can go in the dishwasher. I have this dishwasher that will clean up ANYTHING, it kills me that I am not supposed to put my cookware in it.

What is a good set for me? I have a glasstop stove, and would like something I could slip in the oven too, but my big three requirements are, (1) Safe for my stove top, (2) sturdy and heavy (3) Can be put in the dishwasher.

Any direction I should be headed?

Thanks!

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What cookware for me?

I have a smoothtop and I am very happy with a combo of All Clad SS and Everyday Cuisinart SS with the copper disc sandwiched in. The cuisinart cooks fast and very hot. The All Clad I use more for slower except I do have the AC saute pan and it is probably my favorite pan.

o

I used to have a smoothtop and used Costco's Kirkland SS cookware, I have gas cooktop now and I don't see any problem. The set is heavy, I also put them in the dishwasher. Once in a while, I'll scrub the copper part with Barkeeper's friend to keep them looking new.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kirkland

o

It depends on what type of cooking you do as to which will be best for you. Myself I have combination of cookware. I have cast iron, enameled cast iron, glass and heavy duty stainless steel. About the only type I don't have yet is copper(big sigh), a really good wok and clayware. You noticed I said yet. I also have all types of canners, crock pot, waffle makers and sandwich makers. Holy Cow I just realized how much I have. I hope that I'm not coming across as bragging. At any rate the stainless steel cookware I have is Lagostina which is available in Canada. I'm not sure if it is available in the US but I can't see why not. It is is designed Italy and is made in Korea. I've had mine for close to fifteen years now. I love it so much that my Mom ended up buying Lagostina as well. The only thing that could possibly be a draw back to my line of Lagostina is the handle type. Mind you because of the handles I don't have to worry about my handles getting burnt if I want to turn my oven over 500 degrees farenheit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here