Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pans-where manufactured?

Posted by noodlesportland (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 23, 08 at 16:36

I have been trying to find out where various brands of cookware are manufactured--anyone? I have notice that a pan might have "Germany" or "Switzerland" on the bottom and then "made in China" under that. Anyone know where the big name brands are actually produced?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pans-where manufactured?

Which brands, specifically, are you referring to? All-Clad manufactures some pieces in the U.S. and some in China. CIA Masters Collection is made in China. Le Creuset is made in France and China, depending upon piece. Mauviel and Matfer-Bourgeat are made in France. Falk in Belgium. Viking in Belgium. Staub in France. Demeyere Belgium.

o

Most of the cookware is manufactured in China. Sometimes they claim "designed in" Italy etc, but I know All-Clad is made in China.

o

Demeyere cookware--Belgium.

o

thanks-I have learned that some of the stainless All-Clad is made in the USA but the other lines are made in China. Lodge is China. Does anyone know where Calaphan is manufactured?

o

From the Lodge website:
"Are Lodge products made in the USA?
All of our foundry seasoned cast iron products, including the Signature Series, are manufactured in the USA. Our Lodge Enamel items are imported from China."

The All-Clad website claims that all bonded pieces are manufactured in the United States, but all lids, utensils, and non-bonded pieces are manufactured in China.

With Le Creuset, the enamel and cast iron pieces are made in France, but the enamel on metal pieces, some of the ceramics, the utensils, and various other lines are made in China.

o

thanks--someone had told me about Lodge and that is was made in China. Is all of it made here?
I am lookining for a small soup pot --just soups/rissoto in small batches. Thinking of 3.5 quart either Lodge or stainless All-Clad. I am replacing a 30 year old Rever Ware.
Anyone?

o

All Lodge is made in USA except the colored, enameled items.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here