Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Costco cast iron dutch oven?

Posted by mrjones (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 7, 09 at 15:57

Costco has a 6 qt cast iron dutch oven; I think the price was $49.99. Any opinions on it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Costco cast iron dutch oven?

See my post right below this one

o
RE: Costco dutch oven

Well, now my post is right above this one....

o

I bought the Paula Dean enameled cast iron dutch oven (oval) and have no complaints. I didn't know if I would use it much so the cost was good for me. I love it and will save up for the better ones.

o

Gor-gor - your Paula Deen cast iron has been recalled. See the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paula Deen Cast Iron Recall

o

Thank you, I had read that, but mine is very different from the ones pictured. And I got mine at Wal Mart. I think it's not part of the recall.

"This recall involves the Paula Deen 11-inch cast iron grill pans and griddles. They were sold as QVC item numbers K14984, K11970 and K135024. The cookware is black and has the Paula Deen logo and the product size engraved on the bottom. No other Paula Deen cookware is involved in this recall."

Thank you for the heads up though. :)

o

The new Kirkland Signature enameled dutch oven is gorgeous. The enamel is thick, smooth, and glossy. The handle is stainless steel. If I didn't know better, I would have picked it as being more expensive than the Le Creuset sitting next to it in Costco.

o

Wondered if anyone had compared it to the Lodge enameled one that Target sells for about the same price?

Lodge is made in China, Costco in France

thanks in advance

o

I just bought one yesterday used it today to roast a chicken.
Works fantastic.
The one I bought was 8Qt Oval Enameled cast iron, made in France for $79.99
Le Cruset of basically the same size would be $400

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here