Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Le Creuset exchange experience

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 15:27

25 to 30 years ago I bought a set of Le Creuset in a dept store - 3 pieces had wooden handles and were a slightly different size and shape from these
sauce pans with the black handles now

My set consisted of a large um...dutch oven? a smaller one - both these without handles and with lids , a larger "sauce pan" and a smaller one with wooden handles with lids a really small enamled frying pan and a wooden handled frying pan that was enamled on the outside but cast iron on the inside.

You can see in this link they have two different "sets" now a 5 piece where the wooden handles are replaced by black handles and a 6 piece with all metal handles.

The metal handled sauce pan in the second set is significantly wider and lower than the black handled style

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/products/guide.php?product_id=137

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/products/guide.php?category_id=116

A number of months ago I had called Le Creuset about the fact that I had burnt up my larger wooden handled saucepan with sugar water for hummingbirds. A little old lady told me I could send it in but if it was determined that it wasn't normal wear and tear they wouldn't replace it for free but offer me a replacement at a significant discount and gave me a number to put on my package and letter when I sent it in.

So finally a few weeks ago (months after the phone call) I finally put the pan into a box with a handwritten note (printer on the fritz) saying hey I wrecked this pan but I was hoping I could get a discounted replacement. I included my phone number, my email and I can't remember if I included a credit card number??????

So today, about 2-3 weeks later what arrives in the mail? The "21" or 2 1/4 all metal handle low wide saucepan.

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/products/guide.php?product_id=124

The only other thing in there was a "pick" ticket that has a picking note number and a similar slaes order number, invoice to Consumer n/c replacements.
So I think they replaced this for free. I think I would have liked the black handled saucepan better that was closer in style to my old one but hey I'm sure not going to complain.
I thought this is pretty danged good customer service and I should report a postive story.

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Le Creuset exchange experience

Ok well now that I've had a better look maybe I will complain a little. This saucier pan is the same size as the small dutch oven I already have 2 1/4 so now I've got two the same size and this thing is about twice as heavy - too heavy for me to want to use empty. I think they changed all the sizes around. No sort of inbetween anymore. Maybe I'll buy a wooden handled one off of eBay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here