Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 5-quart Stock Pot

Posted by marie26 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 07 at 13:03

I burned my teflon 5 qt. stock pot and need to replace it. I use it for spaghetti sauce, soup, etc. I have larger stock pots for cooking larger batches so this is the size I need to replace.

I liked the teflon finish but am wondering if there is another finish besides aluminum that I can replace it with. I want a pot that will last a long time and easy to clean.

What do you recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 5-quart Stock Pot

I'd recommend this one, of course! (link at bottom of post)

Of all the stainless steel pots around, the Silvinox finish on this one will make it really easy to clean. (They recommend putting it in the dishwasher!! :D ) And it will certainly last a long, long time.

One could argue that the copper disk bottom isn't necessary for a stock pot. The Demeyere Apollo version of this pot, with an aluminum disk bottom, is more like $166.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demeyere Atlantis stockpot

o
Better pictures

There are better pictures of it on this page. (The color, though, is the same as everything else on that page. I don't know why their stockpot picture has a green cast to it.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Better pictures

o

Those look really nice but are too expensive for my budget right now. Is there anything cheaper?

o

Marie,

The "usual suspect" brands would include Paderno (the Italian one, although the Canadian company of the same name is also supposed to be good), Sitram (Profesiere & Catering lines), and Gourmet Standard.

I did some looking around around in those lines, and didn't find any stock pots in the 5 quart neighborhood. (Although I might well have missed something.) The ones I found were bigger. I did however find several saucepots in roughly that capacity. (A saucepot being short, and a stock pot being taller and narrower.)

o

Thank you for the links. I realized that it's not a stock pot that I'm looking for. It's a Dutch Oven.

o

oh ... if it's a dutch oven, I have a Calphalon Contemporary Stainless and love it better than my old cast iron which I can no longer use on my smooth top stove.
it's six quart (or 5 1/2 qt, I forget which).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here