Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grill Pan - lodge vs. enameled

Posted by dmlove (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 12, 06 at 11:59

I've read the prior threads, but have another question. I love my Le Creuset Dutch oven, but what is the advantage to an enameled grill pan over a Lodge Logic grill pan (other than maybe the fact that the outside is easier to clean)? Aren't the insides the same?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grill Pan - lodge vs. enameled

Haven't used an enamelled one, but the Lodge isn't difficult to clean at all. I've probably got 3 dozen pieces of cast iron (including the grill pan), and if it's well-seasoned, all you need do is rinse it off after use. Cast iron is one of the easiest materials to clean.

I'd wonder, if the high heat usually used for grilling might not damage or at the very least, discolor an enamelled pan? But as I said, I just have the regular, old-fashioned, cast iron.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here