Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Immersion blenders?

Posted by sakismom (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 05 at 11:11

Anyone know of a good immersion blender (aka hand blender, motor boat). I am looking to buy a new on as I have a very cheap one right now and love to use it for everything from pureeing soups to mashing potatoes to making whipped cream. I had one years ago that was very heavy duty but since I bought it from an infomercial I have no clue what brand it was

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Immersion blenders?

I have had a Braun for many years that has been okay, not great. It was a gift, so I didn't have the opportunity to look at different features/brands; this has a plastic bottom (which is cracked), you can't remove the blades to clean, and isn't good at keeping splashing to a minimum. But is does blend and has otherwise held up to frequent use.

Just yesterday (what a coincidence you brought this up now!), I ordered a new one by KitchenAid on amazon. It had good recommendations and has more features that appeal to me: metal base, removeable blades, etc. (Plus, I ordered it with a few other kitchen items that earned me the $25 discount on a $125 purchase from amazon).

Anyway, here's a link if you want to check it out. It comes in four different colors, and you can read reviews from other consumers...

Here is a link that might be useful: KitchenAid immersion blender

o

I ordered an immersion blend from Kitchen Aid about 6 months ago and have been very pleased with it.

o

Thanks folks that is the one I was thinking of getting so your vote of confidence is what I was looking for.

o
Love my Bamix

Bamix is a super-powerful emmersion blender. Purees in no time - love that I can puree soups in the pot on the stove - any temperature, makes great milkshakes WAY faster than a traditional blender - very easy to clean, too.

I make a smoothy often with mostly just frozen fruit, again in no time.

I got mine at a county fair, but I've seen them at PleasantHillGrain.com, too. They are pricy, but worth it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pleasant Hill Grain Bamix page

o

I have the kitchenaid one. Someone on here said it was too big for them. "Like a barbershop pole", I believe they said. :lol:

I love mine.

o

Ditto the Bamix. I use mine every single day for something. It has three different blades that do everything from puree vegetables to foaming milk for cold coffee drinks. It's been years since I bought it but if memory serves it was kinda pricy.

Ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here