Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyco

I love restaurant supply stores.

sunnyco
18 years ago

Even if I don't need anything, I just like them.

I just wanted to say that.

Comments (11)

• marie26
    18 years ago

I love them too. Some of my best buys are from there. I bought a very large cone-shaped sieve that I used to strain the chicken soup I made yesterday. The sieve made it a breeze. You can't find items like this in the department stores. Besides, it's so much cheaper at the restaurant supply stores.

• phatcat
    18 years ago

I too have recently discovered on-line restaurant supply stores. There are some great prices on commerical cookware, John Boos tops, nifty accessories, etc. My only problem so far was ordering a 40 qt pot without carefully checking the dimensions....this thing could double as an indoor swimming pool!

• teresa_nc7
    18 years ago

A supply store opened up a few months ago in my town and was I thrilled! Pizza screens, food storage containers, serving dishes, cutting/prep boards, etc. and etc.! I also have to keep the catering kitchen at my office supplied which will be easier now for me. Good tongs have a way of walking out of the kitchen, you know.

• mustangs81
    18 years ago

I agree. I love occasionally checking our our RSS, which is pretty large. I like having unusual items in my kitchen, well unusual for a home kitchen.

Hey, I think I will go today and check out what's new.

• JessyFeldm_speakeasy
    18 years ago

I like having unusual items in my kitchen

ROFLMAO!!! Well said, Queen Mustangs (of the gadets). I was in Williams Sonoma today and thought of you fondly as I explained to DH the flour sprinkler thingy.

Anyone come out to Los Angeles, check out Surfas - gourmet restaurant supply.

Here is a link that might be useful: Surfas

• mustangs81
    18 years ago

Jessica, Don't tempt me with Surfas!! You know I can't resist being surrounded by really useful gadgets.

• james21
    17 years ago

I prefer to buy mu catering supplies online but i like to go to stores so that i can view the items and see what i like but i find them too expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Catering Supplies

• bluelytes
    17 years ago

Dont mean to tempt anyone, but I hear COSTCO has a RSS in SOME costcos.
    Ducks to miss all the things being thrown by DH and DW and DS, lol.

• ktee
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    Not sure if you have a college age child or not, but I was watching Emeril the other night and he was giving college kids ideas for meals. He told them the staples needed for a well stocked kitchen. Tongs were one of the items and, if memory serves correctly, he suggested getting these from home, "You don't even need to ask mom." I think the idea was that mom would be so happy student was eating well, they'd gladly supply the necessary utensils.

• azzalea
    17 years ago

Put me down as another fan of the local bar/restaurant supply store. It's only a few blocks from my house--a VERY dangerous situation. Love popping in there to browse. I always keep deli containers on hand--so much cheaper than T-ware, or even supermarket containers (gladware, etc). And love being able to buy things you simply cannot find anywhere else. Good place to pick up throw-away containers when you're taking food to a potluck, too. A lot of them can be washed and reused if you happen to get them back at the end of the evening, but if you don't, it's not big loss.

• lindac
    17 years ago

I love James' link!! "pop! pop! pop!!" Love it!
    Linda C