Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite portable induction burner?

Posted by artemis78 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 1:33

We're looking to get a portable induction burner to use during a kitchen remodel. I have the Cooks' Illustrated reviews of them, which recommends the Max Burton 6000, but this seems to get mixed reviews elsewhere. Trying to stay under $200.

Any favorites in GW land that you can recommend?

Also, on a side note---our primary cooktop is gas so we're not looking to acquire much in the way of specialty induction cookware. We have several All-Clad stainless pans plus a set of cast iron cookware, in addition to our Farberware Millennium copper-clad stainless set; am I right in thinking that with this mix we should have enough pots and pans that will work to get through a few weeks using the induction burner as the primary cook surface?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite portable induction burner?

I got the Sunpentown a few years ago. I don't use it too often, it's my 5th burner when I'm having a big dinner or canning, etc. I also use it when the grandchildren are helping me cook something, since I don't like them hanging over the gas cooktop.

It works.

It was about $100, on sale, at Amazon, when I got it. I had to buy a couple of saucepans, but I have cast iron pans that I use most of the time.

o

We've got a Waring Pro that works just fine. I don't remember the exact price, but probably less than $150 on Amazon. We only use it as a supplement now, but had to use it as our only burner for about 4 months while the kitchen was being finished. I have All Clad, also, and picked up a couple of pieces of very inexpensive Ikea cookware to supplement.

o

One vote for the Max Burton. It's around $100 and mine works great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here