Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need advise on bakeware

Posted by luvscritters (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 12, 11 at 1:13

Help. I just broke my 11x7 glass baker that I used for everything. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find a replacement in this size. I think it was a very old pyrex or anchor hocking. From what I have read the new ones are not very durable and prone to cracking with temp changes. Can someone recommend a glass or stoneware baker in this size? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need advise on bakeware

FWIW......I replaced a previous baking dish with Emile Henry (French) product about five years ago. Have been very impressed with it. My dish is sllightly larger than yours but they may offer a size that would work for you. From this experience, I wouldn't hesitate buying more of their line. Link below.

No association with the product....I am retail customer/user only.

Here is a link that might be useful: Emile Henry bakeware

o

Thanks I'll check them out

o

I just wanted to second the vote for Emile Henry. I have two of what they call a "lasagna dish" in two different sizes, and they're great. Easy to clean too. And pretty. They are a a bit pricey, but IMHO worth it in the long run. Amazon has I think the best prices, and free shipping.

o

I'm gonna go my normal CHEAP and suggest you check out thrift stores!?! I often seen square and rectangular pyrex bakeware at GW. As long as not chipped/cracked and not totally crusty (though oven cleaner will get all the crud off)... you'll end up with something that's possibly "vintage" with a good track record.

o

klseiverd,
That's a great idea! I never would have thought of that.

o

My Goodwill had nothing. I'm really liking the Emile Henry! How to decide on a color is my next problem! Thanks everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here