Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grinder for making nut buters

Posted by hald (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 22:42

I'd like to buy a grinder that will make nut butters. I searched this forum and found no recommendations.

I've also searched the web and found several grinders with fine, medium, and course blades that claim to make nut butters. I also found a couple juicers that say they make nut butters. But I didn't find a machine specifically for nut butters.

I have a Vita-Mix, regular blender, and food processor. They don't quite make a good smooth nut butter. I'd like a machine that doesn't require adding additional oil to the nut butter.

Recommendations?
Thanks in advance - Hal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grinder for making nut buters

Have you seen these?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sumeet

o

I use a mortar and pestle to make cashew butter. If I'm in a hurry I whiz the nuts in the food processor first to get them started.

o

I remember seeing "The Ultimate Chopper" on late-night tv, and thinking how it would be useful for someone who likes to grind small amounts of nuts at one time. I don't do many nuts, but if I did, I would want to do them in small amounts to maintain freshness of the oils.

While it got bad reviews for customer service, I really liked how you could easily make a small batch of things - like nut butter - and the mixing bowl came with a lid that could right into the refrigerator. And it wasn't very expensive, and was small.

o

I bought the Sumeet grinder yesterday at a store in Artesia, Ca (Little India area on Pioneer, off the 91 freeway). The store was named "India Appliances." I bought the model called Asia Kitchen. I just tried it a few minutes ago. Wow! It made a cup of peanut butter in about 15 seconds! No oil added! I thought the company logo on the box was funny- "Loved by Millions Worldwide" - but now I know why. It's a great little machine. Thank you Joe Blowe. With tax it was $190.00
-Hal
P.S. I tried the link to the website. I sent an email inquiry and never got a response. Tried the phone number. Looking at the booklet that came with the machine, it'll grind nearly anything, from making different types of flours (wheat, gram, soy, etc.) to nut butters, to chutneys, coffee beans, whips stuff like egg whites. It came with lots of attachments. And the booklet, though basic, is translated well and the directions are very clear. I'm real impressed.

o

You're welcome! And thank you for reporting back! (A rare thing these days...)

Little India is just a twenty-minute drive away for us (coming from Torrance, and assuming there's no traffic), and I try to get out there 4 or 5 times a year. I'm pretty sure I saw the Sumeet at India Appliances the last time I was searching for a propane burner (wok project). Glad it worked out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here