Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandy808

Do You Like Your Staub Cookware? If So, Nicest Color?

sandy808
13 years ago

After receiving the latest Williams Sonoma catalog, I have pretty much decided to purchase one of the Staub cocottes (some sites call them dutch ovens) to give it a try. Those of you that have it, do you still like it? Any negatives?

I am also having a hard time deciding between the Red (love red), the Graphite (neutral and blends well), or the Matte Black (looks like my Lodge) that some on line stores carry. It's hard to tell what they really look like "in person", and I don't live close to any stores that would carry them (LONG drives).

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

I love my Lodge seasoned cast iron, but it can't be used to make tomato based sauces.

I have some copper core All Clad, which I like well enough for a lot of things, but cast iron has an edge here for slow simmered sauces and stews.

I also have some Le Creuset, which is fine. I can't quite put my finger on why I'm not as enamored with it any more. Maybe it's the stained looking enamel inside the pot, after years of use. I also do not feel it browns things as well as the Lodge, for getting those tasty bits incorporated into my sauces. Still it's fine cookware, and maybe I'm just in the mood to try something new.

Sandy

Comments (8)