Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farberware search,,,

Posted by oldpots (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 9, 09 at 20:38

My 4 qt sauce pot has been my weapon of choice for a long time now. Over the last 6 months or so I've been playing Hager the Horrible pillaging the local thrift shops for more US made pieces.

The pillaging has been very slow... :(

BUT, with a little patience... :)

I have to confess that I did break down and buy a 2 1/2 qt sauce pan and lid off eBay at very low point in my spree.

Search well and prosper.

OldPots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farberware search,,,

Hey Oldpots, I am not sure why you posted, but maybe to let people know you are hoping to buy more Farberware? I plan to put my never-used Farberware Millennium 3-qt. SS saucier with lid on eBay in a few weeks. It's a model that was discontinued a while ago. I've had it 4 or 5 years, but have never used it, and am trying to de-clutter. You can email me via my Gardenweb page if you want me to let you know when I list it on eBay.

o
RE: Farberware search,,,

Thanks akchicago, but I posted for those who are on the hunt for something specific. In my case, it has been a matter of wanting a set of pots and pans of a particular make, style, origin and "cost". :)

One of the things I stumbled upon in a thrift shop was a Thai-made Farberware Millennium stainless steel wok. That was fair game under my rules of the hunt. :)

'Course, if Farberware hadn't been made in the US for years, then I'd be on the hunt for Thai Farberware Millennium. I wonder who makes the Millennium in Thailand?

OP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here