Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbi_p

Delonghi Stand Mixer Users?

bobbi_p
18 years ago

I posted this over in Appliances, but they sent me over here. Additional research since my original post is making me lean towards the Delonghi. Any thoughts on the 5 qt vs. the 7 qt? Is 5 qt still plenty large enough to do double batches of cookies?

I saw the text of the LA Times mixer review. Thanks for those of you who posted it.

Here's my post from appliances:

Hi everyone. I'm not a regular here, but am hitting brick walls out there on the net to find comparisons of Kitchen-Aid, DeLonghi, Bosch, or other workhorse stand mixers. I'm a home user, but take my desserts very seriously. I want quality.

E-pinions has reviews, but often times it's based only on 2-3 people, especially for the non-Kitchen-Aid brands.

I've used my sister and my mother's Kitchen-Aids and am really bothered by the fact that I can't fiddle with whatever's in that darn bowl. I know they say the beater scrapes the sides of the bowl, so you shouldn't have to get in there with a spatula, but when I've used other people's Kitchen-Aids, I have to stop the machine and scrape down to my satisfaction before considering the job done.

I'm very much into baking desserts (truly French ones that often take 2 or more days and a million special ingredients to complete), but also would like some extra capacity to mix double batches of cookies and the like. I've never used the dough hooks on my current dog, because I find the joy of making bread really is in the hand kneading of it. (I find it therapeutic.) Food Processor (with and without a chute) and blender attachments would be nice, but not necessary. I've got room to buy separte appliances.

So, before you gush over your Kitchen-Aids, tell me what else you've used and why the Kitchen-Aid is better.

(I'll be replacing my wedding gift starter of an Oster Food Center.)

Comments (4)