Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
middlechild33

What's cooking?

middlechild33
18 years ago

DH and I want to give each other new pots and pans for Christmas. Since we will most likely be celebrating the holidays with a totally gutted kitchen, it seemed an appropriate gift. We also plan to get new dinnerware when we christen the finished kitchen, as a well-deserved reward for all the inconvenience we've lived with.

Anyway, we've been cooking very happily with Revereware since the beginning of our marriage, but realize there must be new and better cookware that has come onto the market over the years. A friend bought T-Fal a while ago, and more recently other friends recommended Calphalon as well as Pampered Chef pots and pans.

Does anyone have any information and experience with specific brands and grades? For instance, when I looked at Calphalon in a store this weekend, I saw that there are several "tiers" with corresponding price tiers. What is the difference in quality? Our cooktop will be a Wolf electric smoothtop, in case it makes a difference.

We would appreciate any pointers as to where we should start looking, and what we should look for. And if anyone has any recommendations, we'd like to hear the "whats and whys." Thanks for any help you can provide!! PS: It's now less than 3 months until Christmas........

Comments (2)