Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twocats_wy

ISO Jon'E Bake Pan Instructions

twocats_wy
18 years ago

Anyone out there have instructions for a "Jon'E Bake Pan" made by Northland Aluminum Products (Nordic Ware)? It's a cast aluminum divided (cornbread/scone?) skillet w/ a black "Bakelite"-like handle.

I've acquired one, sans instructions. I'm presuming this item can be placed in an oven (I've never heard of making cornbread or scones on a stovetop!), but the handle concerns me. I called Nordic Ware Customer Service, but was told this item was discontinued so long ago that no information is available. The CS rep did say she thought she remembered some products the company once made that had handles that could be used in ovens up to 375 degrees F., but she wasn't sure if this was one of them.

I also tried a Google search for more info, to no avail (although a couple of these pans have been on e-bay).

If anyone can confirm if this piece is oven-safe, I would be grateful. Worst case, I'll just remove the handle (comes off with one screw) & try the aluminum pan in the oven...

Comments (8)

• papaskip
    15 years ago

I found the same exact pan among my late mothers cookware, and have the same question. Any answers?

• momj47
    15 years ago

According to the Nordicware website

I have a Nordic Ware product but I lost the directions.

Call our consumer services department at 1-877-466-7342 8:00am to 4:00 pm CST and we will be happy to send you the directions in the mail.

• lindac
    15 years ago

Just put it in the oven....if the handle becomes misshapen....well then so be it...In my mind it's of no use if it doesn't go into the oven....at least at 350.
    And Nordic ware is good stuff....I can't imagine they would make a corn bread pan that wasn't oven worthy.
    Linda C

• redonhead102_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

I used my pan tonight for dinner. Mix up your cornbread recipe, put a little oil in each of the sections of the Jon'E Pan and heat it on the stovetop. Turn the burner off and pour the batter in to at least half full, leaving the pan on the stovetop burner while you add the batter. If you make the oil hot enough for the batter to sizzle when you add it you will have crispy bottoms and sides on the cornbread. Bake in 450 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.

I have had my pan for several years and use it often. The handle will not melt or warp. Everyone loves the cornbread because they all get crispy edges.

• izzyfriend38
    15 years ago

I DONT HAVE THE INSTUCTIONS I BOUGHT MY CORNBREAD PAN AT A YARDSALE I USED IT AT 375 DEGREE WITH THE HANDLE ATTACHED TO IT AND IT DID'NT MELT TRY IT

• HU-297753488
    3 years ago

I have one of those pans and have used it for the past 40 years. Wonderful item! I can tell you for sure that the handle is safe to be in a very hot oven - I too have lost my sheet of instructions, more‘s the pity but I seem to remember baking my cornbread, using their recipe, at 400 F. Cleaning the pan is a bit of a pain but if you soak it for a long time first, the corners are not so hard to clean.

• Marilyn Strain
    2 years ago

I have the Jon' E Bake pan....used it this week to make scones. I'm not sure where I got the pan, but the handle has always been off mine. Also, my pan has a non-stick surface on the inside and does have the official Jon' E Bake Pan trademark heart and Northland Aluminum Products, Inc. engraved on the back. I would never sell it and hope at least one of my children/grandkids/great grandkids will keep it forever.