Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ameriware cookware

Posted by masue (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 24, 05 at 15:28

Anyone have experience with Ameriware pans - sold by Costco?
How have they held up?
What about their operation on electric smooth tops?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ameriware cookware

We bought a set from Costco a few months ago. I have used them exclusively since then. I love them. They heat evenly, come clean very easily (even when you cook tomato soup made with milk until it's a brown crust on the bottom of the pan..).I'm still amazed that I can cook things, rinse with warm water and wipe clean with a paper towel. It did take me a little while to get used to putting the silicone handle covers on but now it's automatic. I also had to get used to the more tilted handles on the saute' pans. But, now I can toss the food to turn it over without spilling all over the stove. I have read some negative comments on the cookware but my experience with them has left me pretty impressed.

o

I also saw the demo at Costco. I was sort of interested until I learned they cost $400! IMO they better last a really long (20 years) time to worth that kind of money. What I was shocked at is how many people just put the boxes in their cart after watching the demo. I could never make a $400 impulse purchase without a little research.

If you do a search on Ameriware you will see an old thread that discusses it.

o

I just bought the Ameriware cookware and I've noticed that they take a really long long time to heat up. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

o

I love the pans, but the grips melt and burn. the heat rises from the side of the pan and has melted three of my grip handles. I can't seem to find a place to get replacements

o

anyone have an email address for Ameriware?
my 12" lid does not seal on the 12" frypan
do you like a vent on the lids?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here