Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All-Clad Copper Core VS. Caphalon Tri-ply

Posted by cali_chik_22 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 13:47

My husband is an aspiring chef, now i want to buy him a good set of pots and pans, but am not sure whats better. i have been looking at the above mentioned brands but cant make up my mind. he loves cooking anything and everything and right now we have just cheap pots and pans that we got just to be able to cook. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All-Clad Copper Core VS. Calphalon Tri-ply

I'd get the Calphalon hard anodized rather than stainless. It's very "manly" looking. It doesn't have those silly glass covers, which fog up immediately, and so are worthless. You can put the hard anodized right into the oven from the stove top, and despite what they say, I put mine into the DW and they look fine, 3+ years later.

o
RE: All-Clad Copper Core VS. Caphalon Tri-ply

I've talked about this a lot in other threads, so I'll just make a brief mention here. Demeyere Atlantis is a significant step up in quality from All Clad. I have several pieces of Atlantis, and really love them! They have very even heat, and clean up very easily (and they even recommend washing them in the dishwasher!).

I've attached a link to the Atlantis page at 125 West, which is the least expensive place I know of to get it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demeyere Atlantis at 125 West

o
Another link

Here's a link to 125 West's description page for Atlantis. IMPORTANT NOTE: They have the WRONG PICTURE on this page! The page I linked to in my last post has the right picture. But, this page has more details about the construction of Atlantis cookware.

Here is a link that might be useful: Description page

o

If you are looking for more of a stainless look, the All-Clad Copper-Core is nice. It has an exterior stripe of copper at the bottom plus layers of aluminum and copper within the pan which conduct heat well. I think overall, the quality of All-Clad Copper-Core is better than Calphalon, if you're looking for something with a stainless exterior.

Here is a link that might be useful: All-Clad Copper-Core at MetroKitchen

o

Nothing better than copper or copper core cookware. Nothing does a better job of conducting heat than copper. Worth noting, Calphalon Stainless cookware comes from Asia. Only their Hard Anodized One lines come from OH. All Clad copper core is made in the US. Performance wise, copper core is in line with Mauviel, Demeyre, and Bourgeat.

If you decide you need stainless, Calphalon One nonstick, not the Infused!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here