Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinzon Stainless Steel Cookware (Amazon) - Opinions?

Posted by robin_d (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 07 at 13:20

After reading a favorable recommendation of the Pinzon 3.5-qt saucepan (Cook's Illustrated rated it a Best Buy, second only to All-Clad) I decided to give it a try - it's on order, along with the 10 qt stockpot.

Here's what CI had to say about the 3.5qt. saucepan:

---------------------------------
Recommended

Pinzon 3.5-Quart Stainless Steel Sauce Pan
Price: $19.99 at Amazon.com (actually $9.45 right now!)
Weight: 2.6 lb.
Materials: Stainless steel with aluminum disk in base
Saut Speed: Slow

Comments: With its "sleek" lines and "nimble" performance, a few testers likened this pan to a sports car. The comfortable "squared" handle and internal measurement markings were big hits. Even though this pan is relatively light, a thicker-than-usual bottom ensured slow saute speed.
-----------------------------------

At under 10 bucks, I'll probably order a few more. :-)

I'm eyeballing the 10-piece set as a possible Christmas gift for my stepdaughter's young family, as she's limping along on the worst of my old crappy hand-me-downs, and if these are even half-decent they would make a good start for her without busting our budget - the set is only $59.99 with free shipping! This set has gotten terrific reviews at Amazon. Anyone here have this set, or other Pinzon cookware?

Thanks for reading all the way through, lol!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinzon Stainless Steel Cookware (Amazon) - Opinions?

I received my Pinzon pans today, they are beautiful and tough looking especially considering how cheap they were.

o
RE: Pinzon Stainless Steel Cookware (Amazon) - Opinions?

They are just amazing for that price. I was very impressed. Not only are they gorgeous looking cookware, they are made very well. They look like a $150+ set, and nicer than the Cuisinart Chef's Classic. They are a good weight and feel solid. They are sold out now, as they were down as low as $49.99 which is what I paid. The 3.5 qt. pan is great too. That was down to $8.63 at one time. My only criticism is that the covers, although built well, are a bit light and might dent easily. They need to add a 12" all purpose pan with domed lid to the line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here