Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used soapstone cookware?

Posted by plumfield (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 07 at 12:34

This product intrigues me, but I'm not ready to shell out for it (and the s/h!) just yet. Supposedly has a naturally nonstick surface, and of course has heat-retaining qualities. Scrambled eggs are a pain since I gave up teflon in all its assorted forms, LOL. (And I can't seem to keep my cast iron griddle rustless, either, since I'm not the only one using it).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used soapstone cookware?

Go to the "kitchen forum" at the bottom of the page is a search. Type in "some stone countertops too soft?" A soapstone fabricator has some info on the cookware. I too am impressed with the cookware.

o

In my net-roaming, I found a site that has a bigger variety of cookware/tableware in soapstone than I have seen anywhere else...

http://www.temperatureware.com/english.html

Apparently, this material is as good at keeping things cold as it is at keeping things warm.

On thing concerned me a little was the warning, I think it was somewhere on bucks site, that it shouldn't be in direct contact with flame. Huh? I thought it was cookware? Guess I'll have to follow up on that with someone who is cooking with it, at bucks...I didn't see the cookbook for sale there, but they sell it at www.fantes.com along with a similar, limited number of pieces.

o

Interesting about no direct contact with flame but I guess I always thought of it as ovenware. Hadn't thought of stovetop.

o

I personally feel it is way overpriced for what you get.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here