Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
parchment paper

Posted by mollyjanea (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 05 at 11:08

i was told by a helpful poster to use parchment paper to move pizza to pizza stone to bake it, and to leave paper on stone through baking. never used p paper before...it doesn't burn? thanks, mol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: parchment paper

That's how I bake my pizza at 500 degrees in my home oven. The parchment paper may darken and char around the edges, but it doesn't catch on fire - at least not for me. I try to have the square of paper measure just about the size of my round pizza - meaning no extra inches of paper hanging off the sides.

o

Sometimes I even trim the paper in a circle (er, not really a circle, more like an ameoba shape) around the pizza, and it does get dark and brittle around the edges, but no fires have happened.

o

I often cook "en pappilotte"....meaning wrapping food in parchment and baking. I cook bread and cookies on parchment....never a problem.
Much easier than greasing a pan....and easier to clean up too!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: cooking with parchment

o

Amen and amen, Lindac! I don't ever bake cookies or bread loaves on a sheet pan w/o using parchment paper anymore; life is too short to spend it greasing pans and washing them up after baking.

o

This is a timely post for me. I have never used parchment paper. Recently I was visiting a friend and she was advising me to get with the program. Can you buy this at a regular grocery store - or do you have to buy it at a cooking store?

o

I think that now most of your larger grocery stores have parchment paper - usually in the aisle with Saran Wrap, aluminum foil, paper lunch bags, etc.

o

great info, as always. thanks a bunch, trying it tonite! mol

o

I have bought it at the restaurant supply. The last box I bought was not like the parchment I had before. It came in sheets and was thinner than the regular parchement, so it did not work well for pizza dough. I use it for lots of other stuff though. I paid two dollars for 1,000 sheets of bakery sheet cake size so I have to cut it in half (at least!) to use it.

o

The roll of parchment I have now says not to use with temps higher than 420... the one previous said not higher than 450.

Stacy, one of the Cooking forum members had parchment catch on fire in her oven. User beware!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here