Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My T-Fal pan is scratched & I haven't used it more than 10 times

Posted by shelly2 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 07 at 9:12

I have been using T-Fal frying pans for 20 years, replacing a pan every 2-3 years as it got too scratched. My new giant sized T-Fal frying pan, used less than 10 times and certainly not abused is loosing its coating and has white lines showing through. I called T-Fal and they said they couldn't do anything for me. I could send the pan back and incur mailing costs so they could inspect it for me. Or they could send me a rebate to buy a new pan.
I am convinced that T-Fal now has new management and is cutting their costs, giving consumers an inferior product. Their teflon coating is not as good as their past products. So if any happy T-Fal owners are thinking of buying a new T-Fal pan, be aware that it will not be as good as past T-Fal pans as they are now making a shoddy product.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My T-Fal pan is scratched & I haven't used it more than 10 ti

I never did like t-fal....I like whatever Meyer uses on their pans.
Linda C

o

Linda C,
I never heard of a Meyer pan, please tell me about it so I can look into it and where is it sold?

o

Meyer is the name of the cookware company that produces the cookware lines Circulon and Anolon and Farberware (along with several others) My experience with them has been mixed.

When I got married (1994) I got a full set of Anolon pots and pans, including an 8" Omelet pan. Over about 7 years the omelet pan gradually became scratched and scuffed and started flaking off.
Next I saw a Circulon Omelet pan on sale and I bought it. It lasted less than a year before the surface coating had flaked off worse than the original Anolon pan which was still in the back of the cabinet.

I then bought another Anolon omelet pan, which lasted about 1 1/2 years before it too was unusable.

My next attempt was buying a Scanpan classic, which I loved, until after about 5 years it too began to flake off. At which time I returned it to Scanpan, and they replaced it for free. The replacement they sent is about 2 1/2 years old and looks to still be in great shape.

However I am just finishing a major kitchen remodel which included replacing the GE electric coil range with an induction cooktop, and my beloved Scanpan omelet pan won't work on it :-(

Included with the induction cooktop was a Farberware Millenium 10" non-stick skillet, (also made by Meyer) which after two months of use is already showing light scratches.

o

T-fall is the worst! I use "Warever" from Target & its nice. Not real expensive either. razenette

o

Costco non stick skillets are only $20.00.
They are three to a set, and last quite a few years even with everyday use.
When they get nicked, I simply and cheaply replace them.
Of course, I don't know if you are close by a Costco, but if so take a look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here