Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Emile Henry

Posted by acoreana (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 8:12

Looking for any feedback on the EH Black Tagine. I am lusting over one in the CB catalogue, and wonder if anyone owns one.

Thanks,

Nat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Emile Henry

All I can tell you is what you already know, it's easy on the eyes... A red one sits in the window of one of my favorite cookshops & teases me when I rush in & out for a coffee cone or some such thing. A local restaurant brings tagines right to the table & I'm tempted to try one but haven't ... yet.

Do you want glazed or unglazed? This one has a higher heat tolerance which always sounds "safer" to me, is that why you're looking at this model? Or for its fine good looks (enough for me!)? Pricey & breakable, not a good combo in my kitchen!!

o

oooooo red......

I've always been attracted to the idea of cooking in a tagine. On the island we lived on we have a certain beef dish that is cooked in a vessel similar to a tagine. The meat comes out so tender, its' just out of this world. Moroccan dishes are scrumptious, so the idea of making my own is exciting, too.

The thing is I've never wanted to deal with special care, etc. This one states that it is "exceptionally heat-resistant clay" and is "Dishwasher-,oven-,microwave- and stovetop-safe", so that's right up my alley.

I wonder if that applies to a ceramic stovetop?

It's $89.95, and I don't know if that would be considered pricey for a tagine or not. If it's as bullet-proof as it seems, I might just see if maybe I can finagle a way to get it for the holidays.

Plus, it's so prettyyyyyy! lol

But if my money would be better spend on another tagine, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Nat

o

I know the traffic's not heavy in cookware but I wonder if your thread topic should read "tagine."

Your pick is pricey, pretty, & possibly as practical as can be expected for pottery.

LC makes something for stovetop use partly in cast iron but that's a horse of a different color.

Here is a link that might be useful: LC hybrid tagine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here