Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
double-decker crockpot pan - anyone?

Posted by jally (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 1, 11 at 1:23

Anyone know of a crockpot accessory identical to below crockpot pan, except made of teflon or stainless steel, rather than my makeshift cutout from a disposable 9" aluminum pan?

Note that it enables a ladle to access the soup via the 1/2 gap that's cut out, while enabling the upper-food to remain separate.

The rim of the disposable pan rests perfectly on top of the crockpot rim (with the plastic liner between, of course.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: double-decker crockpot pan - anyone?

Check in the Cooking forum. A ot of people have Nesco roasters that they use as crock pots, and maybe those have inserts. But Ive never seen it in regular crockpots.

o

Oh, you mean the Nesco 3-piece buffet, such as on amazon?

Not quite what I meant, but interesting. May I assume that my type of crockpot is outdated, so they'd never make such inserts for such pots anyway?

What a pity, cuz it'z very very convenient, if only the alum. pan were easily washable the way teflon would be.

I wonder if there's any regular teflon pans which are the exact dimensions of above pan, AND whether a metal worker could do the same for me with the teflon pan as I did on the above.

But go find a metal worker. And go find one who would do it affordably!

o

UPDATE:
OK, this discussion is continued on the Cooking Forum
(see thread via below link)

Here is a link that might be useful: Continuation of this discussion on Cooking Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here