Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for cheap tart tins?

Posted by vha7777 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 1:10

I was just wondering if anyone knows of an online source for cheap tart tins. I'm trying to get more into baking so I went out to my local stores to be inspired but tart tins were so darn expensive! Also, does it make a difference to get the tins with bottoms that come out or is it okay to just get the solid ones? What is the standard size tin for individual tarts? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for cheap tart tins?

Your best source for cheap tart tins will be estate sales, auctions and garage sales.
I think the removeable bottoms make a much nicer tart...lots easier to remove the tart without breaking the shell.
Standard size tims? I think 4 inches is good. Two inches seems stingy and 6 inches more for an horsdouvre tart that will be shared.
Linda C...

o

thanks a lot for the advice, looks like i'll be going to some yard sales this weekend

o

(Linda stick your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes, I don't want to enable you, evil grin)

vha - try sugarcraft.com, click 'pans', then scroll down to quiche/tarts. Lots of sizes, cheap too!

o

Jessie.....it can't get much worse....I have 3 8 inch tins, 2 9 inch tins ( all with removeable bottoms) and 4. 4 inch tins without removeable bottoms and a stack of those mini tassie tins...
I don't think I could be tempted by any more tart tins!
Linda C

o

Oh Linda I beg to differ you NEED a few of those rectangular tart pans...think of those funeral lunches you pull off...cooking with the grand kids...come to the dark side, it calls you, surely you have room for just...one... more... pan....

(or you could have a garage sale yourself, you know)

ducking and running gleefully for cover

o

thanks jessyf! I can't stop clicking....not good! I guess you have ordered from them before? Are they pretty reliable?

o

vha: nope, sorry, haven't ordered from them. I just googled 'discount tart pans' and they were just one of many vendors that came up.

o

I just wanted to tell you I have already received my order and I'm really happy with them. Thanks again

o

Great! Now you have to learn to take pictures of your creations and post them (and recipes) on the Cooking Forum. We'll help ya!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here