Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
find a vintage cast iron dutch oven piece

Posted by midwestmiddleage (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 23:08

I have been looking for a replacement half for the cast iron dutch oven I inherited from my grandma. It originally had two pans that fit together. One was deeper than the other ( I still have that half). The other half just resembled a regular depth skillet. It was made my Wagner. Has anyone seen one like this? I really would like to replace the part that broke some years ago when my daughter started cooking (need I say more?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: find a vintage cast iron dutch oven piece

Have you searched eBay? And you might contact a dealer on ebay and ask them to keep a look out for you.
Linda C

o

The pan you have is known as a deep "chicken fryer" or a "double skillet". Your pan is not a dutch oven. You can sometimes find the lid for your pan on Ebay.

Go to the search area on Ebay and type in "iron skillet double" in the search field and search under "all categories". This search will usually find "top" skillets for your type of chicken fryer.

Also, you can type in "iron chicken fryer" in the search field and search "all categories". This search will usually find fryers with both the top and the bottom. One of these is currently listed on an Ebay auction......see link below.

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay chicken fryer auction

o

Dan-thanks! Didn't know it was called that but that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here