Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have this 36-inch propane camping griddle?!

Posted by theresse (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 22:55

Pic w/ description/reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OQMNNC/ref=asc_df_B000OQMNNC1170071?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=nextag-sg-delta-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000OQMNNC

(I'll also include the link at the bottom here)

...and here's a video of a silly guy using the griddle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSUm5akW4o&feature=related

I just ordered it w/ the intention of taking it camping this weekend since there will be so many of us and it's easier to make everyone's eggs, pancakes and bacon all at once instead of doing it in batches. I like that the legs fold up or come off (or however it's done), that the top comes off in a couple of pieces for easy storage and that it uses propane and is relatively lightweight. I like that it's huge but will still fit in our trunk.

What I DON'T like is that the optional grill box's top is supposedly non-stick! WHY would they do that?! How is one supposed to use very high heat or scrub it clean, well?

http://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-36-Inch-Grill-Compatible-Griddle/dp/B001RE5JZE/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_img_c

This was half the reason I got it! Well okay it was 2/5 the reason I got it. Griddles are just never big enough.

I also like the idea of making breakfast outside and having neighbors over for breakfast. :)

I hope someone here has it. I'd love to read what you have to say, and ask a few questions.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blackstone 36-inch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have this 36-inch propane camping griddle?!

Not that anyone cares (thump thump thump - is this thing on?!) but I just talked to one of the company's reps and she said it's not non-stick but rather powder-coated black. Which is bad enough (gross) but at least it just gets cooked to death then just kinda disappears over time as the whole thing gets blackened/seasoned over time. Or so I'm telling myself. Non-stick would be truly ridiculous...

o
RE: Anyone have this 36-inch propane camping griddle?!

Ok no one ever answered but I'll say anyway that we LOVE this griddle which we also use as a grill since we bought the grill piece too. It works sooooo well. Heavy (the griddle) but once removed the thing it sits on folds up well for camping - car camping that is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here