Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuisinart Saute Pan 3 1/2 qt, oven safe?

Posted by puzzlefan (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 21:42

Today I found a cusiinart saute pan at the thrift shop and couldn't pass it up at only 5.00 It is in very good condition but I am questioning the exterior finish. It looks like copper but I don't think it is. Would it be safe to put in an oven at a range of 350 to 400 degrees?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuisinart Saute Pan 3 1/2 qt, oven safe?

Cuisinart did have a line of copper-exterior tri-ply pans, although it appears to be discontinued:

http://www.cuisinart.com/discontinued/cookware/sets/pct-10.html

Seems to be an all metal pan with metal handles. Pans you cannot put in an oven almost always have either cheap plastic handles and/or poorly applied non-stick coatings. I've seen some purely decorative copper pans with coatings to keep the copper shiny, but you would not want to cook with those at all, let alone put them in an oven. You have real pan that has neither.cheap coatings or cheap plastic handles. If you need further reassurance, search on "Cusinart + copper + Tri-Ply + oven safe" and you will probably find that it is rated for oven heat up to 450F or 500F.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here